Monday, August 10, 2009

Music Man #2 turns 8















Today is a bittersweet day. Music Man #2 turns 8 years old .

Gone are the days of rocking to sleep, little fingers and toes, and being the apple of his eye.

I must welcome the days of my little man growing into a big one...and everything that comes along with that.


Just last year, he wasn't hesitant to run out to hug me after school, but as he has grown within the last year, I've noticed a hesitation, a quick glance around to make sure no one is watching. It's to be expected. I'm not sure a mother is ever fully prepared, though.


Just yesterday he called me mommy, crawled around the floor, laughed his little boy laugh, held me at night. Now he says, "Mom", rides his bike, has intelligent conversations, prays for his future wife and children, and wears braces...he's becoming the man that he needs to become. My prayer for him this year is for God to instill a feeling of bravery, boldness, compassion, and peace.


I love you little man. There is never going to be anything like you ever again. You are most awesome.

1 comment: