Friday, August 7, 2009

Bulletin board or bust

I can't put up a bulletin board.
I can't cut out cute shapes.
I can't line up fancy borders and come up with clever names.
That is why I am a middle school teacher.
That is why I made the choice to NOT take the Exit onto Elementary Blvd.
Yet, there I was with one foot balanced on a school desk, slamming the palm of my hand into a stapler, trying...to...get...that...silly...brown...border...attached...
to...the...insanely...solid...wall.

There are now 352 deformed staples littering the carpet of my classroom.

There are now 2 hands that are swollen and bruised because they didn't have the help of the magical "wall" stapler.
There are now 2 boys that don't have dinner yet, because it took entirely too long.
There are now 2 (may I say) totally cute, perfectly coordinated, most awesome bulletin boards up on the walls of my classroom.


And I can't wear denim vests with apples and crayons on them. Or Christmas light earrings.
Elementary teachers are far more creative than I .

No comments:

Post a Comment