Friday, August 14, 2009

Could It Be....

Okay, I missed bogging yesterday. But God is a God of second chances, so you should give them, too. : )

I went to see The Time Traveler's Wife with Amanda this evening. It was good. In an effort to not be utterly confused and to get more from the characters, you should read the book first if you are thinking about seeing it.

Anyway, on my way home I was thinking. I was thinking and listening to one of Music Man #1's albums done in the closet of a friend's bedroom. I haven't listened to it in a few years. I'd forgotten (almost) how gifted MM #1 is. How brave he was to leave everything behind and use the gifts he had to further God's kingdom...when many of us are afraid to give up the smallest thing, MM #1 gave it all away. He's really a beautiful person and a wonderful musician. My prayer for him is that God allows him to feel the blessings and joy in his gift always.
As I listened to one song, thinking about some hard issues that have been on my mind...wondering what I could possibly do to change them...MM #1's voice came through on the speaker.He spoke to me through that scratched CD he made years and years ago. And in the midst of feeling sorry for myself, in the midst of asking why is this journey so hard, and Where is God when I am feeling so...without Him? MM #1 gave me an idea...

"Could it be that
every step He takes me
leads me into his embrace?
With arms around me
He won't let me go.

And Could it be
that by His will
He's brought me
to this place where
He can shed this
body for one
that won't pass away..."(c)

Thanks, baby, for reminding me that all the trials are not for nothing. There is an end...and it is in His arms. He knows what our prayer is...and we will just keep keeping on until then.

And don't get any ideas, those words are copyrighted!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why doesn't Blogger let you edit your comments for grammatical errors?

    You know that if I could change this for you, or give this to you, or wave a magic wand to make this happen, I would one million times over. Instead I just pray that God would bless you with the desire of your heart, knowing that He didn't put it there without a purpose.

    ReplyDelete