Monday, August 24, 2009

Jabez

Today is the first day of school! Today is the the very first time I have began a school year from the beginning ( as a teacher). It's 5:45 a.m. and I've been awake nearly an hour. I awoke early because today, more than ever, I needed to connect with my God. I needed to make sure he goes before me today, so that I don't have a nervous breakdown. I needed to pray for Benjamin's day, as well as the day of all my students.

God led me to 1 Chronicles 4:10 this morning. The Prayer of Jabez.

O God, that thou bless me indeed.
Enlarge my territory (however you see fit)
That thine hand will be with me
and keep me from evil,
that it may not bring me pain. (I'm really excellent at bringing myself pain through doing things I shouldn't have done) But - I know God will go before me today. Whatever the day brings. He will go before Benjamin as well, and enlarge his territory, lay His hand upon him and keep him from evil and pain.

I'll post a full recount later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment